Treehouse Technology Group is strategy and data firm providing custom, end-to-end solutions for our enterprise and SMB clients. Our approach is an independent, vendor-agnostic cloud solution designed to deliver and execute our client’s strategy to unlock the power of data and its storytelling potential.
As a Database Engineer, you will work with stakeholders and the internal development team to guide the technical development of enterprise data solutions. The Database Engineer is a combination of a business and technical customer-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer data architecture, development, deployment, and support. The Database Engineer will be responsible for working with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage data to drive business value, while driving day to day operations. In addition, you will be responsible for mining and analyzing data to drive efficiency and optimization, develop custom data models and algorithms, and develop processes and tools to monitor production systems and data accuracy.
- Minimum 3 years experience with Relational Databases (Postgres preferred but not required)
- Very Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience with Data Warehousing and Dimensional Data Modeling
- Cloud Experience (AWS Preferred)
- Bachelor degree (CS, math, or engineering preferred) or equivalent experience
- Self-starter who can act autonomously as well as thrive in a strong team environment
- Be able to work with, clarify, and find creative solutions for ambiguous and sometimes challenging requests
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot data issues and bugs
- Experience with DBT
- Agile software development experience
- Experience with Data Integrations, Visualizations, and/or Analytics
- Experience with Python
- Experience with 3rd party APIs, webhooks and callback URLs
Work location: Fully Remote, Boston, Austin, and Las Vegas options
Our Company Culture: As a startup, we’re an integrated team of passionate, curious problem solvers across the US and the world who love learning and applying new skills as we delight our customers. We strive to keep our remote team connected and excited with their progress with in person events quarterly where we brainstorm, roadmap, and have fun together – including an ax throwing tournament! You’ll work alongside talented individuals who are empowered to think outside the box and encouraged to be part of the company and client vision.