Treehouse Technology Group is strategy and data firm providing custom, end-to-end solutions for our enterprise and SMB clients. Our approach is an independent, vendor-agnostic cloud solution designed to deliver and execute our client’s strategy to unlock the power of data and its storytelling potential.
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will work with stakeholders and the internal development team to guide the technical development of enterprise data solutions. The Data Engineer is a combination of a business and technical customer-facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer data architecture, development, deployment, and support. The Lead Data Engineer will be responsible for working with stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage data to drive business value. In addition, you will be responsible for mining and analyzing data to drive efficiency and optimization, develop custom data models and algorithms, and develop processes and tools to monitor production systems and data accuracy.
- Grow and manage a team of 4-5 data engineers to deliver solutions across multiple clients
- Contribute to company vision and strategic roadmap; communicate to stakeholders from C-suite to engineers while leading daily operations
- Integrate with around 10-15 external data sources, primarily via API
- Perform basic data transformations to pull data and analysis to ensure pulled data meets business goals.
- Write pulled data to simple tables in Postgres database in the AWS cloud
- 4 Year College Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a similar quantitative field or comparable experience in lieu of degree
- Have 7 -10 years of experience building data pipelines and ETL workflows from internal and external data sources using cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with message queues, third party APIs, webhooks and callback URLs
- Proficient to advanced with Python and SQL
- Have experience working with RDBMS databases, such as Postgres
- Self-starter who can act autonomously as well as thrive in a strong team environment
- Be able to work with, clarify, and find creative solutions for ambiguous and sometimes challenging requests
- Effectively and efficiently troubleshoot data issues and bugs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with Agile software development process
- Advanced SQL knowledge
Work Location: Remote, Boston, Austin, and Las Vegas options
Our Company Culture: As a 7+ year old company with a startup mindset, we’re an integrated team of passionate, curious problem solvers across the US and the world who love learning and applying new skills as we delight our customers. We strive to keep our remote team connected and excited with their progress with in person events quarterly where we brainstorm, roadmap, and have fun together – including an ax throwing tournament! You’ll work alongside talented individuals who are empowered to think outside the box and encouraged to be part of the company and client vision.